Sunday, February 13, 2011

Extreme

Extreme seems to be tagged onto lots of things these days.  I guess when you hear that the desert is an extreme environment you would think of hot and dry.  Well it gets cold too, maybe not extreme cold here but cold none the less.

It turns out that, at lest in this desert, extreme weather can also include torrential rain, amazing thunder storms and yes even hail.  The chain lightning was a spectacular display of white, orange and even blue.

It has been a busy week with the extreme weather causing lots of issues with the satellite and network.  I would not want to be bored with a monotonous job but at this point I have had enough interesting weather or at least enough technical challenges related to the weather.  Again it is difficult to get good pictures considering the environment but I think I will have some to add in here soon.(obviously accomplished)

Speaking of extreme, I am extremely thankful for my home.  I don't know why anyone would ever live here.  I'm also glad I packed a rain jacket.