Sunday, August 8, 2010

wake up

Office and connex can
Got a wake up call this morning sometime before 6:00 AM.  A decently loud explosion, the kind that rattles the building and you can feel the shock wave in your chest.  Not sure if it was a controlled explosion or not, but I am surprised that it does not even get my heart rate up.  It really does feel safe here once you get used to what is normal.  Just to counter that point - we were just sitting down to lunch yesterday afternoon when the call went to get to the bunkers.  The all clear came about 20 min later. I have no idea what happened but at least I know someone is watching.

Arnel
Arnel is here with me.  He is the resident satellite expert.  Although his English is not the best we are getting along quite well.  He does seem to miss home in the Phillipeans.