Thursday, November 18, 2010

countdown

I am well into the countdown to vacation.  As always the plans have changed up a bit but I suppose for the better.  I had a visit this week from the boss and co-worker which was long overdue.  Running the base here myself was not the original plan and has been difficult but I'm glad to have that effort noticed.  I will begin my travels home sooner with a pause on the way home for a training course.

The weather has sure changed into what I can only assume is the winter normal of near freezing tempertures overnight and comfortably warm in the day.  Still expecting some heavy rain in the near future but I hope to miss most of that mess.  Imagine six inches of flour like dust with a deluge of rain on top.  Lots of deep tread boot traffic in and out of buildings, tents, office will make for a nice mess.

I don't seem to have a lot of cheerful things to write about - but hey - Christmas is coming and I'm so glad I don't have to spend it here. Listening to Christmas music as I write this as a matter of fact.