Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas......

Sooooo good to be home for Christmas!  Nothing makes you appreciate home more than a 6 month adventure in the desert.  They say you don't really appreciate something until you loose it and now I know the feeling.  Canada is a great country and the perfect spot to call home.  The travel home after Dubai was long but still not hard to deal with considering the final destination (hmm - that thought should be applied to life too).  I was greeted by Mom at the airport and finally had that relaxed comfortable feeling I had been missing.  Then my dog cried when she saw me get out of the car.  Even the Christmas tree was already up.  Welcome home!

 
I enjoyed my vacation a lot and always managed to keep just busy enough.  Most days I was able to take a walk in the woods which I missed a lot.  Thankfully the weather was not too cold so there was no shock to my system.  The first Sunday home I was able to see the choir Christmas cantata in the new church building which was nice.  Lots of time with friends and family was just what I needed.  I went to visit the farm several times while home as well - still miss that.

Spent Christmas eve with Dad building a front porch on my house.  It looks real good all decorated and furnished with family living there.  Went to some hockey games and practices to watch my nephew.  Got a rabbit hunting trip in.  More visiting with family and friends.  Worked a few Saturdays wiring with my brother-in-law.

Sounds like a great Christmas vacation right?  One of the best I can remember.  Before it seemed like I had been home very long - alas - as they say all good things come to an end.