Saturday, March 12, 2011

Green and alive

Well it's not an alien but nearly as surprising.  After the rainy few weeks we have had, I noticed something green sticking up between the rocks in my compound.  Lo, even behold there were several plants poking up through the rocks.
I'm not sure what the plant is exactly but my best guess at this point would be watermelon seeds that were spit on the ground, or maybe sunflower.  I'm just hoping it's not poppy.
It was 22 deg here at 8:30 this morning, so we seem to be getting back into the summer hot weather.  I think the high yesterday was 29 deg.  It's actually a very pleasant time of year.
With the nicer weather unfortunately comes trouble.  It was very "active" here yesterday.  It just seems strange that these nuts are so fussy about the weather they venture out in.