Sunday, October 3, 2010

how long is a dog year?

Time here seems to add double.  It takes twice as long as "normal" to get anything accomplished.  each day seems to take 48 hours to go by.  I'm feeling like time here is taking twice the toll on mind body and spirit.  The exception to this would be good news does not seem to last nearly as long as it should.
For now I will continue to count the days till my first vacation and try to stay positive and look for the up side.
Not sure if it is wise to share this as I don't want anyone to worry about me more than they are already, however; while i was down very ill the other day, a rocket landed somewhere in the area of 100 meters from my bed.  Although I may have felt sick enough to want to die - of course I truly don't wish to.  Thanks to God watching over many of us, the rocket did not detonate.  I'm not entirely sure how much damage it would have caused but I was told it would not have been good.