Sunday, October 17, 2010

what's up?

Well I really have not had much new to write about in the last few weeks.  Although it seems slow, time is moving along and I have started to count the days until vacation.  There have been a number of incidents in the last week and the mood here is getting very somber.  I'd like to keep a chipper attitude but it is hard when you know what is going on around you.
  Thanksgiving has come and gone and other than some greetings from friends and family I didn't give it much thought.  I have a lot to be thankful for especially while experiencing what some of the world is like.  I have another opportunity with American thanksgiving coming up.

On January 31st, 1957, Canadian Parliament proclaimed...
"A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed ... to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October."

Don't forget what you have to be thankful for - especially love, friendship and freedom.