Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hrmmmm

Maybe too much thinking time lately.  I have been reminiscing on hunting today for some reason.  Probably what started me on this mental meandering path was the opportunity to check out the scope on an M16.  One look through that I was was daydreaming of sitting in my treestand surrounded by vegetation and cold crisp air - sigh.  Oh well, no deer hunting for me this year.  Perhaps a rabbit hunt when I make it home for vacation.  I might even be able to talk some into our "annual" boxing day sea duck hunt but I doubt I could handle the cold right now.
The weather has finally turned here and it is cool enough in the early morning and evening to warrant the wearing of a sweater.  Coffee time after breakfast on my "patio" ( read 2 plastic chairs on the rocks and sand covered by a camo net) is quite comfortable now and perhaps the best time of the day.
Lots of folks have been leaving the last few days so it has been sad to say goodbye to some new friends.  hopefully the ones coming in to replace them will be just as friendly.  It has been a nice quiet week on the war front as well as no major issues with my equipment so hopefully things can stay that way  - at least for a while.  40 some days till vacation - can't wait!